Tracking of listening behaviour
- We do not warrant that dbTrack will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
- We do not warrant the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness, or reliability of the listening level, sound dose, listening time remaining or any other information, graphics or guidelines displayed in dbTrack.
- If your result from the hearing screening test inside dbTrack was “You may have a hearing problem”, you should make an appointment for a complete hearing evaluation by a certified service provider to determine your exact hearing status.
- Even if your results are in the “You have normal hearing” range but you still have concerns about your hearing, we encourage you to seek a complete hearing evaluation performed by a certified service provider (audiologist).
- Hearing screening test results are representative of hearing in the best ear and may not necessarily identify unilateral hearing loss.
- Whilst the screening has a high degree of accuracy it is only intended as a screening test, with a small proportion of cases that may be incorrectly classified.
- The developers of this app cannot be held responsible or liable for any screening results that are incorrect.
- The hearing screening test inside dbTrack is only intended for use by persons 16 years of age and above. The test is not intended to be used for children and will not provide reliable results in such cases.
- Hearing loss may be caused by obstruction of the outer ear canal from wax, fluid or changes in the structure or function of the middle ear system, and changes in function of the nervous system. Some of these hearing problems can be treated whilst others may be permanent and may need assistive devices.
- A visit to a certified service provider can assist in differentiating between types of hearing problems. It is important to consult with a certified service provider timely as all forms of hearing loss may become more serious if left untreated.